UNBC is engaging in an effort to identify a Green University Strategic Vision for the next 50 years. As part of this initiative, we are inviting input from all members of the UNBC community on what your vision of the next 50 years is as it pertains to the Green University in the North for the North as a sustainability engine.
Please join us at any one of the following virtual Zoom engagements:
|May 24, 10:30-12:00 and 1:00-2:30 pm Join Zoom Meeting https://unbc.zoom.us/j/68019838310?pwd=WFlVa3dnRGZQTldadU92WFp6Mkl1dz09 Meeting ID: 680 1983 8310 Passcode: 708575
|June 1, 9:00-10:30 am Join Zoom Meeting https://unbc.zoom.us/j/69868707076?pwd=cGVodjdmdUs0S0hLMUo0RmhXeFBMZz09 Meeting ID: 698 6870 7076 Passcode: 708776
|June 2, 1:30-3:00 pm Join Zoom Meeting https://unbc.zoom.us/j/62842754077?pwd=SGZCdWplOEZOdGhvSWE1NERTRjkxdz09 Meeting ID: 628 4275 4077 Passcode: 945970
Conversations will be facilitated by the members of the Green University Strategic Vision Task Force using the four pillars of sustainability (examples included below are from initial input received):
- Human Sustainability (example: integrate sustainability concepts and practices in wider variety of disciplines, weaving it into curriculum and providing experiential learning and research opportunities)
- Social Sustainability (example: guide and empower students through relevant learning outcomes to achieve meaningful and innovative change in the world)
- Economic Sustainability (example: mobilize knowledge across institutions to develop a regionally-crafted Climate Framework for higher education institutions across northern British Columbia)
- Environmental Sustainability (example: embark on a comprehensive corporate inventory, and set in motion changes to operations that radically reduce emissions (i.e. net zero))
In preparation for the session, may we ask you to consider what you would like UNBC to be in relation to the Green University in the North for the North as a sustainability engine:
1. What does sustainability mean to you?
2. What story do you want the President, Provost, Vice-Presidents and Deans to be telling about sustainability in the North?
3. What would it mean to create a sustainable future in northern BC?
4. What is the role of UNBC stakeholders and right-holders in northern BC in promoting sustainability over the next few decades? We look forward to receiving your input.
As incentive to join us at the sessions, participants will be automatically entered into the draw for two “Green Themed” gift baskets. The draw will be made on June 3rd.